Friday, May 05, 2006

THANK YOU

THANK YOU. That is all I have left to offer to the many who supported my campaign to challenge a two term incumbent senator for the opportunity to represent the people of Ohio. So many offered help and so many provided it over the last ten months, and believe me it was greatly appreciated. It was a daunting task from the start, but one I felt was necessary and one for which I have no regrets for undertaking.

To all those who offered encouragement at the many meetings, Lincoln Day Dinners, and individual chats, I say thank you. To all those who passed my name and website to others, I say thank you. To those who helped with yard signs and at the polls, I say thank you. And, to those who gave financial support, I say thank you.

My most heart felt appreciation goes to those whose gallant efforts to inform the citizenry of Ohio that a choice did exist in spite of the main stream media’s refusal to acknowledge a contested primary. The blog support and the talent of those who write them were greatly appreciated. I only hope and pray that someday people will realize the contribution they are making to our society and the voids they fill created by the laziness or hidden agenda of the main stream media we used to rely upon for a complete news package.

Jan and I were out of town on Wednesday as we watched our daughter, Mary, present and defend her final studio project prior to her receipt of a Master’s degree in Architecture at Washington University in St. Louis. It was a fast trip there and back again, but it gave us tremendous joy to witness her completion of a dream which began as an 8th grader so many years ago.

I spent the Thursday after the election pouring through the final numbers, reading emails from many people offering their disappointments, and phoning a number of others who had helped so much and left messages of their own. But the hardest part for me was the gut wrenching feeling that nothing is going to change - the status quo will continue, and the Nation we leave for our children and future generations will continue to flounder.

I am determined to find a way to continue to speak out in the name of common sense and entice the populace to take a pro-active interest in government rather than a passive “I give up” approach. We must re-engage our citizenry or risk losing a “government of the people, by the people, and for the people.” Please help me find that way and help me deliver that message – future generations are counting on us.

Again, I thank you and I hope we may stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Bill

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Ferris said...

As I expected, you're a class act. We continue to crank up Meet The Bloggers to give access to the "process" to guys like you. Gloria, TimR, and George are in an expansion mode and may have some financial backing, from the East. Stay tuned.

Mon May 15, 08:05:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous N. Palmquist said...

I was excited to learn about Bill Pierce in 2006. I hope he runs again at the next opportunity. Next time, I'll find out sooner and will be able to contribute more personal effort.

Mon Dec 11, 08:13:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home