Monday, May 01, 2006

Final Thoughts

Ten months ago I began my efforts to challenge a two term incumbent senator for the Republican nomination. Although tiring at times, it has been a complete joy to have traveled the great State of Ohio and meet the diverse people who live here. The geography is as distinct as the people. My only regret is that I did not start out with a digital camera to take pictures of the all the county courthouses and their surroundings I have seen – they are simply magnificent.

You have seen a good deal of writings concerning my philosophy and principles through the emails you have received or the links offered below. When added to my website, blogs, and video, I have attempted to provide the clearest picture possible. I pray that I have succeeded.

I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many people across the State and having philosophical discussions concerning the role of government, the GOP, and the legacy we are leaving to future generations of Americans. It has been a great pleasure, and it is why I have made the commitment to continue the process should I receive the nomination and be elected in the November General Election.

Having met nearly all of the Republican County Chairs and many Central/Executive Committees, I have offered my commitment to be in each county – large or small – at least two times a year for my full term in office. One of visits will be a town hall meeting so we can engage the citizenry of Ohio in taking an active roll in government. We must succeed or we will deny the prayer President Lincoln gave at Gettysburg when he said, “that this Nation, under God, shall have a rebirth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall never perish from the earth.”

Should I be given the opportunity to serve you in the Senate, Janet will remain a 4th grade teacher in Lebanon, which means our home will remain in Ohio. We will not relocate to the Washington area. I will be home in Ohio each and every weekend and that makes my continuing contact with you very possible.

I thank you taking the interest in my campaign and I ask for your support tomorrow and in the future. Together we can foster a change and put our Nation back on the correct path to greatness for future generations to enjoy.

Sincerely,



William G. Pierce, P.E.

4 Comments:

Anonymous N.Palmquist said...

When can we expect word about any opportunity to participate in an effort to try this again in 2008?

Can we expect to see a literature booth at the Ohio State Fair?

Mon May 28, 06:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Matt Hurley said...

There isn't a Senate race in 2008... Voinovich is up in 2010. Brown in 2012.

I can't speak for Bill any more, but I know that the campaign took a pretty serious financial hit. I won't say count Bill out, but I wouldn't count on a repeat performance either.

Wed Jul 25, 07:17:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous npalmquist said...

Thank you for the update. I think a Senate seat in 2010 would be better than the House in 2008 for Bill.

I'll keep watching because I feel we learned about Bill too late last time.

Sat Sep 01, 09:49:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous npalmquist said...

I think it was obvious that McCain did not support Pierce in 2006. I think McCain was the first Republican I saw on tv who scolded Ohioans for allowing DeWine to lose. It is reasonable to associate McCain as part of the motherbrained effort to protect DeWine in the Ohio primary.

If McCain wins and Pierce tries again in 2010, how will Pierce attempt to gain favor of the party machinery that worked against him in the past?

Sun Sep 14, 11:59:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home